Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Going Military


The military trend is one that, quite honestly, I never thought I would go for. The first time I saw combat boots was while I was watching Emily Maynard's season of The Bachelorette and I fell in love with the way she rocked them on the show. But let's be serious. Emily Maynard could wear her clothes inside out and everyone would start doing it. That girl can pull off anything! She has always been one of my top style icons and I love trying to recreate her looks. I also love how she will mix splurges with steals. Knowing that some of her favorite shops are Forever 21, Target, and Nordstrom make me happy because those are places the average woman can afford to shop at and not feel guilty about it. Thank you, Emily.

But in all seriousness, I have loved wearing my combats boots and military inspired jacket all fall. The jacket can go with almost anything and the boots are a weekend favorite of mine. Mix the boots with your favorite pair of skinny jeans, leggings, or even shorts if you are blessed with warm weather year round. Mixing edgy looks with feminine ones is fun...have a good time with it and don't be to afraid to try something new. You might find out you love it more than you think.





TOP: exact H&M (unavailable) / similar The Outnet & H&M , JACKET: exact H&M (unavailable) / similar Nordstrom & Forever 21 , JEANS: exact Forever 21 (old) / similar Nordstrom , BOOTS: Target (as seen in Restyle: The Jilly Dress)

No comments:

Post a Comment