Monday, January 19, 2015

January Style Challenge with Weddington Way


Recently I was asked to participate in the January Style Challenge with Weddington Way. Although I have been married for two and a half years now, I was thrilled at the opportunity to play maid-of-honor and create a stylish winter wonderland look for bridesmaids. I honestly miss the wedding planning phase. Some brides hate it -- I loved it!

Winter is not always the bride's first choice on when to get married. However, there are a lot of fun things you can do with a winter wedding! I had a lot of fun thinking up new ideas that were completely different than my own summer wedding. My bridesmaids all wore different short dresses in varying shades of blush. I am a huge supporter of unique looks for each bridesmaid. I just love when I go to a wedding and each bridesmaid that walks down the aisle has something different about her. I know it is totally the bride's time to shine and I never suggest taking attention away from her -- but, I like seeing a little of the ladies personalities shine through their looks. Here are a few images of my bridesmaid's looks for our June wedding.




As much as I tried narrowing down my top choices, I couldn't. Therefore, you not only get to see one look -- you get to see three! Being winter I opted for long dresses on all my looks. I also chose to stick with neutrals (surprise, surprise). I wanted to play off of "winter whites" without upstaging the bride. Therefore, you will see a lot of taupe, grey, silver and gold in these three looks. The inspiration boards could be used to create a single look for bridesmaids, or play as inspiration for each bride to create her own unique look.
Winter Wonderland Wedding Look 1
Winter Wonderland Wedding Look 1the dress in Palomino, the jewelrythe nails in Topless & Barefoot, the clutch image by Michelle Lange Photography, the flowers image by Edyta Szyszlo Photography, the makeup image via Flatnews, the hair image by Ciara Richardson Photography, the shoes via Burnett's Boards by Kate Weinstein Photography (similar here). 
Winter Wonderland Wedding Look 2
Winter Wonderland Wedding Look 2the dress in Taupe, the wrap image via The Pretty Blog by Louise Vorster Photographythe jewelry, the makeup image via RUMEDIA News, the hair image via Pinterest, the flowers image via The Nestthe nails in Fiji, the shoes image by Kim Kalyn Photographythe clutch.
Winter Wonderland Wedding Look 3
Winter Wonderland Wedding Look 3the dress in Oyster (dress and top color), the jewelrythe nails in Over the Edge, the flowers image via Brides, the shoes image by Marta Locklearthe sash, the makeup image via Harpers Bazaar, the hair image by Ever Whim Photographsthe wrap.

What's your favorite look? Check out more of my winter wonderland wedding inspiration on my Pinterest board and be sure to check out Weddington Way's new exclusive bridesmaid collection here.

Thanks for stopping by! Also, thanks to Wedding Way for choosing me to be a part of such a fun challenge!

XO,

Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment