Friday, November 22, 2013

Give Hope + Live Fashionable







It's that time of the year again. Christmas is coming and before you start all your holiday shopping, I'd like to share a few of my favorite items this year that give back. Why not find something that someone on your list will love and help others at the same time? Every year my church participates in Operation Christmas Child. Operation Christmas Child provides simple shoebox gifts to millions of boys and girls around the world - and every year I get more and more excited to pack a box full of love for a child in need. This year, our church made these awesome "Pack a Truck, Deliver Hope" shirts to help with the costs of shipping the boxes. So not only do you get to deliver hope to these precious children, but you also get to support the organization with a stylish tee. It's a win-win in my eyes!

Another item I am loving this season is my new Live FashionABLE scarf that Dan surprised me with for my birthday. He purchased the gift months ago, and even tried hiding it under our bed and sneaking it around during our move. Luckily for him, he married a girl that loves gifts and never forgets when she's seen a "surprise" package show up in the mail. He even had my gifts wrapped and sitting out a week before my birthday. Complete torture I tell you. But, I am happy to say that I did no snooping and I was completely surprised by this one. Since he saw Emily Maynard supported the cause and wears the scarves herself, he knew I would love them. Live FashionABLE scarves are handmade by women in Ethiopia who have decided to leave behind a life of sex-trafficking to find hope in a new life through this line. They even have leather clutches too! Find the Genet scarf here and even more on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment