Monday, December 23, 2013

A Lofty Christmas















I am so excited to finally share a little bit of the place we call home. Living in a loft has always been on my bucket list, and earlier this fall I was able to cross that off the list. Since we have moved in I have been planning how we would set up the place for the holiday season. I have absolutely loved decorating this unique space for the holidays! I knew I didn't want to fill the place with reds and greens, but instead wanted to create a warm, festive feeling that went with the modern elements of our home. Using white, gold, and silver accents I was able to pull it off! I love the idea of using winter neutrals because you don't have to pack everything up after Christmas. The items we chose can last throughout the winter months as well.

Not having a mantle this time of the year is tough for me. In fact, that might be one of the things I am looking forward to the most about having our own home. This year I had to get creative in how we displayed our holiday decor and hung our stockings. I have to keep reminding myself that we will most likely never live in a place as unique as this, so we should enjoy it and take it all in while it lasts! We are so happy with the look and love spending time together here.

Dress: exact, LC Lauren Conrad (unavailable), similar LC Lauren Conrad
Tights: exact, Gap (unavailable), similar Target in Black Olive
Earrings: exact, Kate Spade (unavailable), similar Kate Spade
Stocking HangersAnthropologie
Stockings: exact, Restoration Hardware (unavailable), similar Restoration Hardware
Rug: IKEA, similar IKEA
PillowsIKEA
Woodland creatures: Target (new and old)
Stag head: Target (old)
Decorative trees: Target (new and old)
Starlit treeRestoration Hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment