Saturday, December 21, 2013

Very Berry (and Classic Black & White)







Dress: Target, Tights: Target (in dark red)

Berry hues are all over the place right now. They were huge this fall, and I am currently trying to find ways to carry them over into this holiday season. This black and white dress is such a classic piece. It was my go-to dress for fall weddings this year. I love these berry colored tights with the dress because they add just the right pop of color to make the outfit complete. I have never been one to over do it on color. I love mixing neutrals with trending pops of color, that way you can easily switch them out and create new outfits. Even better? The dress and tights were both Target finds and I just love those!


Photo via InStyle

My original inspiration for the black and white dress came from this photo of Mollie King, one of my top style icons, wearing this high neck smock dress. If everything she wore somehow found its way into my closet I wouldn't mind one single bit! I absolutely love the scallop trim and sweetheart detailing. Plus, just the simplicity of the whole look itself. In case you are wondering, I searched high and low for this dress and sadly it is sold out. Also, not sure it would have fit the budget (sigh). Doesn't hurt to dream, right? Thankful for more budget-friendly look-a-likes (Thank you, Target)!

No comments:

Post a Comment