Tuesday, July 1, 2014

BROWN HOUSE




(Photos taken on iPhone)

Well, it's official! We are officially first time home owners. Last night we closed on our house and within the next few weeks we will be packing up our life in boxes and moving (last time for awhile I hope). I have to be completely honest...life is crazy right now! I am slowly learning everyday to let go of how I want things done and trust that God has us right where we wants us right now. For those of you who know me well, I do not always do well with change. Nothing stresses me out more than a messy house and living in boxes sure isn't my cup of tea. I am really trying to be "okay" with living like a tornado just ran through our place. I am constantly reminding myself that this is only a temporary season in life and I extremely grateful to have my summer off to focus on getting ready for the next big phase of our lives. We are so thankful to finally have a place of our own that we can open up to others and serve in.

As for the house, I could not be more excited! For awhile part of me wanted nothing to do with the responsibility of owning a house, but as they say "when you're ready, you know it". We are definitely ready. I have always dreamed of having a house and sprucing it up with my own personal style and touches. Thankfully, we found a beautiful home that only has a few minor cosmetic changes that need to be done. One at a time we will tackle these "little" projects and I can't wait to share along the way. I am excited for the new things this house will bring to the blog. Get ready for more Interior Design posts, DIY projects, and Before-and-After shots on Elementary Style. Thanks to all of you who have called, texted, and offered up your help. We appreciate you more than you know!

XO,
Jacqueline 

No comments:

Post a Comment