Monday, July 7, 2014

CALIFORNIA: PART 1















I am thrilled to finally share part one of our trip to California! California is a place I have wanted to visit since Laguna Beach and Summerland hit television about ten years ago and I dreamed of becoming a beach babe. Dan and I were fortunate enough to visit Northern California a few short weeks ago and we had such a great time! During the first part of our week we stayed in Wine Country and visited Napa and Sonoma. The two are quite different, but both so incredibly beautiful. I decided living in Wine Country is the kind of "farming" I could handle. I could definitely get used to that atmosphere! I tried fitting our whole trip to Wine Country in one blog post and it just wasn't happening so this post will focus on the Napa portion of our trip. 

After arriving in California we decided to do some sightseeing before we headed into Wine Country for a few days. We crossed over the Golden Gate Bridge and stopped for lunch in the adorable town of Sausalito. If you are brave enough you can rent a bike to ride over the bridge into Sausalito, but Dan and I both decided we would pass. When it comes to bridges, we do much better in cars! After lunch near the water and walking along some of the shops, we took a tram to Muir Woods and did some hiking. The  woods are beautiful and if you have never seen Redwoods I suggest you add it to your bucket list. Walking along the pier in the evening and looking at all the boats reminded me of being in Mackinaw City. We made it to Sonoma for a late dinner at The Girl & The Fig and some romantic ambiance on their dining patio. I felt like I was in France! 

Our first official day in Wine Country was spent in Napa which is about a 20-30 minute drive from the heart of Sonoma. We started the day off with some delicious treats from Bouchon Bakery in Yountville. Even though we had to stand in line it was so worth the wait. We kicked off wine tasting at the stunning Signorello Estate. This turned out to be one of my favorites from the trip! The views were incredible and the wine and cheese were to die for. We stopped for lunch at Boon Fly Cafe and tried their world famous donuts before heading to Domaine Carneros for the afternoon. We spent some time walking around and enjoying the scenery here. I am telling you, there is not a bad view in all of Napa! At the end of the day we headed back into Yountville and did some walking throughout the cute town. We ended the night by having dinner at Redd Wood. Loved the interior design and the pizza at this place! 

Stay tuned for Part 2 and 3 of our trip coming soon!

XO,
Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment