Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Girl in the Elephant Dress


I love being able to transition pieces between seasons, and that's what I did with this ASOS dress. When I purchased this dress this past summer, I had actually been looking for a white dress to wear to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. Instead, I saw this and fell in love with the print and decided to go another route for our anniversary. We were planning an upcoming trip to Charleston (which I could do an entire post on itself) and thought it'd be a perfect piece for walking around the city during the day and dressing up for dinner out at night. From then to now, every time I wear this dress I get comments on it. Only makes sense to do a post about it then, right? Animal prints and motifs are huge right now and that trend does not seem to be going away anytime soon. By simply adding a blazer and a pair of cognac booties, I was able to transition one of my favorite summer pieces for fall!



DRESS: exact ASOS (unavailable), similar ASOS and New Look , BLAZER: exact Express (old), similar ASOS and Nordstrom , BOOTIES: exact Nine West (old), similar Steve Madden and Sole Society 

No comments:

Post a Comment