Monday, April 7, 2014

COLORBLOCK CUT-OUT DRESS







Dress: BB Dakota Ripley Dress (sold out), similar here and here, BlazerASOS, Heels: Sole Society Julianne Hough Collection (unavailable), similar here, Necklace: Forever 21 (unavailable), similar here, BraceletStella & Dot, SunglassesLC Lauren Conrad

I usually plan the outfit posts that I am going to feature on the blog. However, this was not one of them. Although I did do a lot of planning when it came to our trip and the outfits I would wear since I have been dying to get away from my winter wear, I had not planned on shooting this particular one. However, when your husband who rarely jumps at the idea of taking more pictures offers to take more pictures, you take him up on it (love you babe)! Also, when you have an hour and a half wait for dinner, you find a way to kill time. 

I am sure this dress would have ended up on the blog eventually, seeing as how it's one of my favorites. It is special to me for a few reasons. One, because it is one of the two items I bought last summer and had permission to buy (both were dresses I may add). After being on the job hunt for almost two years and having my summer opportunity fall through at the last minute, we decided we would have to stick to a strict budget until a job was provided. Sure enough, at the end of another long summer, I got my first big girl job! Dan has always been very good at surprising me with little gifts and he knows how much even the smallest thing like a new dress means to me. I don't know what it is about going out in a new dress, but it just makes me feel so fun, flirty, and beautiful! I am sure many of you ladies feel the same way. I also love this dress because it's what I wore to celebrate our first anniversary. When I first started to look, I originally wanted something white, but this one caught my eye instead. In the end, I was very happy with my decision and still love wearing this dress today!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing this post makes me ready for summer asap! Love that dress!

    ReplyDelete