Thursday, April 24, 2014

JO MALONE & OTHER FRAGRANCE STAPLES






I am almost embarrassed to say I have been due for a new perfume for quite awhile now. Over the past few months since I used up every last drop of my previous bottle, I have been living on samples from Sephora and searching for the perfect new scent. After doing my fair share of research and sampling I finally found the perfect one! Even after narrowing down my top picks, it still wasn't an easy decision. I am usually a "one scent at a time" kinda girl. However, after this search I know my collection needs some serious work. Eventually, I would love to have 3-4 staple perfumes I use regularly. Read below to find out which ones I would choose!

A few weeks ago, Dan and I popped into Nordstrom to do some perfume shopping. This was my first time sampling Jo Malone and let me tell you if you haven't already, go try it! I love the way they combine fragrances and their collection is so unique! At first, I have my heart set on 'Lime Basil & Mandarin'. I had heard many wonderful things about this scent and it smelled even better in person. Then I tried their 'Blackberry & Bay' and I was torn. In the end, Blackberry & Bay was the winner. One, because it smelled uh-mazing and two, because it was Dan's favorite (letting your man pick out your perfume is a no-brainer ladies). For a fruity & floral combination try mixing Blackberry & Bay with 'Orange Blossom' (you can ask for samples). Runners up included Tom Ford 'Black Orchid' and Viktor & Rolf "Flowerbomb. These four would definitely be in my go-to staple collection! What are some other fragrances you have tried, used, and loved? I am always looking for new ones!

XO,

Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment