Sunday, January 5, 2014

3 Ways to Style an Ottoman







I recently found this Threshold gem at our local Target. I had been looking for the perfect something to fill some of the empty space in our loft and with the help of some gift cards, this was it! I love this piece for a few reasons: it's neutral, tufted, and contains an antique gold finish. If you don't like the idea of using this piece as an ottoman, you can also chose to use it as a bench or accent table. Here are three of my favorite ways to style this piece. 

01. Cozy morning bench: I am in love with this option. This looks like the perfect place to cozy up and enjoy breakfast or some much needed morning quiet time. By adding a pillow and having a blanket basket near by, this accent ottoman is easily turned into the perfect cozy nook for reading or eating. 

02. Chic bedroom library: The foot of the bed is a perfect place for a piece like this! Simply choose a few of your favorite books to display (magazines, antique and decor books are a few of my favorite choices). You can switch out the books once you are done reading them or you are ready for a new look. For those of you with small side tables (like myself) this is a perfect alternative for book storage.  

03. Extend the bed: I don't know about you guys, but every night when it's time for my husband and I to climb into bed, I hate the idea of putting our throw pillows on the floor. This is a perfect solution for that during nighttime and daytime (if you wish). When I was putting this option together I originally wanted somewhere to store pillows and throws while we were sleeping. However, I also loved the idea of sitting down next to a warm blanket while pondering what to wear or putting on my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment