Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter Mix-up | 5 Ways

I'm not sure about you, but come January, I am ready for some change in my wardrobe. At this point in the year I am tired of winter clothes and ready for the arrival of spring and warmer temperatures. Not to mention the stores that just play mind games with you by bringing out swimsuits the first of the year. If I had it my way I would live somewhere with warmer temperatures. For those of us who aren't lucky enough to have sunshine and warm weather right now, here are five ways to spice up your winter clothes while we wait patiently for spring to arrive. What I love about all these looks is they can easily be carried over into spring!

source: sorenson dash

01. Wide leg jeans: Although I am a sucker for skinny jeans, this photo made me want to start searching for a wide leg jean that I could incorporate into my winter wear. These could be paired with a slouchy sweater and pumps or heeled boots for an ultra chic look. 

source: Nordstrom

02. Faux leather shorts: If you are craving spring clothes as much as I am this is a perfect way to "cheat". Wear these now with booties and a pair of tights underneath and wear them later with a knit top once it warms up. 

source: Getty / Rommel Demano (via Pinterest)

03. Winter florals: In my opinion, Rachel Bilson can do no wrong (even when it comes to wearing florals in January). Although most people would only wear florals in the spring and summertime, these darker hues make it perfectly okay to wear these year round! They also get us thinking ahead to spring.


04. Oversized plaid: An oversized plaid shirt is the perfect weekend wear for running errands and lounging around. Paired with denim, this multi-seasonal look can be carried right into spring. My budget friendly tip for the fashion-forward gal is to raid her man's closet and sport one of his!  (done and done)


05. Incorporate radiant orchid: I realize that this photo does not show Pantone's new color of the year, but I absolutely love this classic look. Sometimes in winter all you need is a pop of color. I have never been one to over do it on color, but I am so looking forward to incorporating Radiant Orchid in small ways this year. My two favorite ideas are a bright colored bag and radiant orchid nails paired with a classic denim shirt and black leggings like above. I may even opt for this chunky knit sweater in lilac as a softer hue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment