Friday, January 31, 2014

Small Space Styling | Inspired by The Everygirl



When Dan and I first came to look at our loft I knew I was going to have to get creative when it came to kitchen storage. Don't get me wrong, we are so happy to be living here and love the uniqueness and many great qualities in our loft but the kitchen is definitely not one of them. When I found this Everygirl photo on Pinterest of ways to style wire shelves I knew this was what needed to happen! After all, our kitchen just barely fits our food, let alone appliances, dishes, and other counter-top items. I knew the wire shelving would be a great fit for a loft and could easily be used for something else down the road when we move into a house (someday). 

If you are like us and you find yourself living in a small space with very little storage, pull a few items together and get creative with your styling. Look for a mix of similar and different pieces to make your shelves stand out and be a reflection of you. One of my favorite things to do is search Pinterest for photos that give me inspiration and then try to re-create the look or focus on my favorite parts of the photo and make a similar look. It gets me thinking, how did I ever live without Pinterest? Check out the original picture (above) and see how I've re-created a similar look in our place (below). 

There is a great story behind the "Little Kings" bucket. One that I will leave for Dan to share. This was his piece to contribute to the shelves. I love the vintage feel it brings to an overall modern look and the way it reflects both of us. 






No comments:

Post a Comment