Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Farewell 2013, Hello 2014









It's hard to believe 2013 has come and gone. I am somewhat sad to say goodbye to 2013 because it was such a great year, but I am excited to see what 2014 holds. This past year I celebrated my one year wedding anniversary, traveled to new and old places with family, got my first big girl job, moved into a new place, and started Elementary Style. Last year I made a resolution to launch a blog. Blogging is something I have grown to be very passionate about. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to write about some of the things closest to my heart, but I know that style is not everything in life and I don't want any of my readers to think that. Although I am new at blogging and I am still learning, I hope to somehow inspire readers to take chances, follow their dreams, and do what they love. Throughout the past two and a half years I have been faced with many moments of doubt. What I thought to be my purpose in life took a turn that I didn't quite expect. Through trials and tears I was reminded that my plan is not always the right plan. I don't know what 2014 or beyond holds, but I know that my future is secure and I have learned to be content in life. This blog is not my own. I may write it, but what happens with it is out of my control. As I think ahead to 2014, I thank those of you who have followed along with me these past few months. This is quite a learning experience for me. I hope to learn more about blogging in the new year and inspire more readers to use their gifts and passions in their everyday lives. 

Happy 2014! 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely little ending for your 2013! Thanks for the encouragement. :) PS... Where did you take these photos-- it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos were taken in our loft. Thanks for reading and have a Happy New Year!

      Delete